WE ARE WILLING TO GRANT A LICENSE TO USE THE APPLICATION TO YOU AS THE COMPANY, LEGAL ENTITY, OR INDIVIDUAL THAT DESIRES TO USE THE APPLICATION ONLY ON THE CONDITION THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS IS A LEGAL AND ENFORCEABLE CONTRACT JUST LIKE ANY OTHER WRITTEN NEGOTIATED AGREEMENT YOU SIGN. BY: (A) CLICKING THE “SIGN UP”BUTTON ON THE ORDER FORM; (B) CLICKING THE “I AGREE” OR “ACCEPT”BUTTON; OR (C) THROUGH THE USE OR CONTINUED USE OF THE SOFTWARE;YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, CLICK THE “DECLINE” BUTTON, MAKE NO FURTHER USE OF THE SOFTWARE.
Welcome to SoshaLife. The SoshaLife App enables people all over the world promote events, sell tickets to the events, discover events and share pictures and videos of events attended. SoshaLife makes it easy for you to register and buy your ticket for an event as well as allow you share your experience with friends and family who attended or not. We do this through our App.
- 1. Registered users who are event organizers or planners.
- 2. Users who want to purchase tickets, register for/donate towards events (whether free/paid) or share their experience of events attended.
- 3. Users who want to post their pictures and comments and share the content publicly.
- 4. Other non organizer users or visitors to the services.
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (“Terms”) is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Soshalife, as well as Soshalife brands, products and services (‘Soshalife services’). By using or accessing the Soshalife Services, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 13 below. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that help you understand how Soshalife works. Because Soshalife provides a wide range of Services, we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a product, or service of Soshalife. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with these Terms, the supplemental terms associated with product, or service with respect to your use of such product or service will apply to the extent of the conflict.
Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users“).
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our data policy to make important disclosures about how you can use Soshalife to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information.
Our Data Policy
The kinds of information we collect?
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you sign up for an account, when you register and organize an event or buy a ticket, create or share pictures, events, message and communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide, such as the location of a photo or event or the date a file was created. We also collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities.
We may also use the Personal Data as follows:
- 1. Specific Reason: If you provide Personal Data for a certain reason, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came.
- 2. Access and Use: If you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to or use of the Services or any functionality thereof, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to or use of the Services or functionality and to monitor your use of such Services or functionality. For instance, if you supply payment information (e.g., bank account or credit card information) to the Services for the purpose of purchasing tickets as a Buyer or processing payments as an Organizer, we will use that information to facilitate such purchase or process such payments.
- 3. Internal Business Purposes: We may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes including without limitation to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our users, to improve the Services, to protect against, identify or address wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service, to manage your account and provide you with customer service, and to generally manage the Services and our business.
- 5. Organizer Emails: We allow Organizers to use our email system to contact Buyers for their current and past events, so you may receive emails from our system that originate with such Organizers.
Our Disclosure of Information That We Collect:
We are not in the business of selling your Personal Data. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. Therefore, we will not sell your Personal Data to third parties, including third party advertisers. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may disclose, transfer or share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: We, like many businesses, sometimes engage other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, ticket fulfillment, fraud prevention, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we engage another company to perform such functions, we may provide them with information, including Personal Data, in connection with their performance of such functions.
Legal Requirements: We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law (including, without limitation responding to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, court or government agency) or in the good faith believe that such action is necessary (i) to comply with a legal obligation, (ii) to protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties, (iii) to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, (iv) to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (v) to protect against legal liability.
Things others do and information they provide
We also collect content and information that other people provide when they use our Services, including information about you, such as when they share a photo of you, upload an event where you feature, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
Your networks and connections
We collect information about the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them, such as the people you communicate with the most or the groups you like to share with. We also collect contact information you provide if you upload, sync or import this information (such as an address book) from another device
We collect information from or about the phones, or other devices where you install our App depending on the permissions you’ve granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent Services across your devices. Here are some examples of the device information we collect:
- 1. Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- 2. Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
- 3. Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
Information from websites and apps that use our Services.
We collect information when you visit or use third-party website or apps that use our Services (like when they offer our Like button or use our advertising services). This includes information about the websites and apps you visit, your use of our Services on those websites and apps, as well as information the developer or publisher of the app or website provides to you or us.
Information from third-party partners.
We receive information about you and your activities on and off SoshaLife from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them.
How is this information shared?
People use our Services to connect and share with others. We make this possible by sharing your information in the following ways:
People you share and communicate with.
When you share and communicate using our Services, you choose the audience who can see what you share. For example, when you post an event or comment on SoshaLife, you select the audience for the post, such as a customized group of individuals, all of your Friends, or members of a Group.
Public Information is any information you share with a public audience, as well as information in your Public Profile, or content you share on a SoshaLife Page or another public forum. Public information is available to anyone on or off our Services and can be seen or accessed through online search engines, APIs, and offline media, such as on TV.
In some cases, people you share and communicate with may download or re-share this content with others on and off our Services. When you comment on another person’s post or like their content on SoshaLife, that person decides the audience who can see your comment or like. If their audience is public, your comment will also be public.
People that see content others share about you.
Other people may use our Services to share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people may share a photo of you at an event, mention or tag you at a location in a post, or share information about you that you shared with them.
Apps, websites and third-party integrations on or using our Services
When you use third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with our Services, they may receive information about what you post or share. For example, when you use the SoshaLife Comment or Share button for an event on a website, the website may get information about your activities in the event or receive a comment or link that you share from their website on SoshaLife. In addition, when you download or use such third-party services, they can access your Public Profile, which includes your user name or user ID, your age range and country/language, your list of friends, as well as any information that you share with them. Information collected by these apps, websites or integrated services is subject to their own terms and policies.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing With Third-Party Partners and Customers
We work with third party companies who help us provide and improve our Services or who use advertising or related products, which makes it possible to operate our companies.
Here are the types of third parties we can share information with about you:
Advertising, Measurement and Analytics Services (Non-Personally Identifiable Information Only).
We want our advertising to be as relevant and interesting as the other information you find on our Services. With this in mind, we use all of the information we have about you to show you relevant ads. We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like name or email address that can by itself be used to contact you or identifies who you are) with advertising, measurement or analytics partners unless you give us permission. We may provide these partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you, or if we have aggregated the information so that it does not personally identify you. For example, we may tell an advertiser how its ads performed, or how many people viewed their ads or installed an app after seeing an ad, or provide non-personally identifying demographic information (such as 25 year old female, in Madrid, who likes software engineering) to these partners to help them understand their audience or customers, but only after the advertiser has agreed to abide by these guidelines.
We may also share user content and your information with businesses that are legally part of that group (‘Affilliates”) subject to the terms of this privacy statement.
Vendors, service providers and other partners
We transfer information to vendors, service providers, and other partners who globally support our business, such as providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Services are used, measuring the effectiveness of ads and services, providing customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting academic research and surveys. These partners must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this Data Policy and the agreements we enter into with them.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services.
You can delete your account any time. When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your photos and status updates. If you do not want to delete your account, but want to temporarily stop using SoshaLife, you may deactivate your account instead. Keep in mind that information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted when you delete your account.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Soshalife, and you can control how it is shared through your Privacy and application settings. In addition:
- a. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your Privacy and application settings : you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Soshalife (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- b. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- c. When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
- d. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Soshalife, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- e. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Soshalife, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep SoshaLife safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need the following commitments from you to keep SoshaLife safe:
– You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on SoshaLife
– You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access SoshaLife, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
– You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on SoshaLife
– You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
– You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
– You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
– You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
– You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
– You will not use SoshaLife to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
– You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of SoshaLife, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other SoshaLife functionality.
– You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
Registration and Account Security
SoshaLife users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- a. You will not provide any false personal information on SoshaLife, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- b. You will not create more than one personal account.
- c. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- d. You will not use your account primarily for your own commercial gain,
- e. You will not use SoshaLife if you are under 13.
- f. You will not use SoshaLife if you are a convicted sex offender.
- g. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- h. You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- i. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- j. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
5. Protecting Other People’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- a. You will not post content or take any action on SoshaLife that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- b. We can remove any content or information you post on SoshaLife if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- c. If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- d. If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- e. You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- g. You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on SoshaLife.
- h. You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
6. Mobile and Other Devices
- a. We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, text messages and data charges, will still apply.
- b. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on SoshaLife within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- c. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on SoshaLife.
Purchase and Payment Terms
If you make a payment on SoshaLife, you agree to our Payment Terms unless it is stated that other terms apply.
Special Provisions Applicable to Developers/Operators of Applications and Websites
If you are a developer or operator of a Platform application or website or if you use Social Plugins, you must comply with the SoshaLife Platform Policy.
When creating an event, you have the option to make it either public or private. If the event is private, you will have to tag the users you want to see your event.
About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by SoshaLife
Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
- a. You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it.
- b. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- c. You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
Special Provisions Applicable to Pages
If you create or administer a Page on SoshaLife, or run a promotion or an offer from your Page, you agree to our Pages Terms.
Special Provisions Applicable to Software
- a. If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
- b. You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
- a. We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
- b. Your continued use of the SoshaLife Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of SoshaLife to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2(b), 2(d), 3-5, 9.3 and 14 – 18.
- 14.1 You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or SoshaLife by Mediation subject to the Federal Mediation laws and the Illinois Mediation laws. The Parties shall be represented at the Mediation by their representatives who shall have full authority to settle the Dispute. The Parties shall bear the costs of the Mediation in equal shares.
- 14.2 In the event that the Parties are unable to settle the Dispute by Mediation within 15 (Fifteen) days of the appointment of the Mediator within such period of time agreed by the Parties, it shall be referred to arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Arbitration Act and the Illinois Law of Arbitration for the purpose of resolving the disputes. The laws of the United States will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- 14.3 If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on SoshaLife, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on SoshaLife and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on SoshaLife. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on SoshaLife. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of SoshaLife.
WE TRY TO KEEP SOSHALIFE UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING SOSHALIFE AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT SOSHALIFE WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT SOSHALIFE WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. SOSHALIFE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. AS A SUBSCRIBER TO SOSHALIFE, YOU WAIVE THE USER PRINCIPLE WHICH STATES THAT : A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR SOSHALIFE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR SOSHALIFE WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, SOSHALIFE’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with SoshaLife outside United States: You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in United States. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States you will not engage in commercial activities on SoshaLife (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use SoshaLife if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
- a. By “SoshaLife” or” SoshaLife Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) Mobile phones; (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings; and (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. SoshaLife reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this Statement.
- b. By “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from SoshaLife or provide data to us.
- c. By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with SoshaLife.
- d. By “content” we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using SoshaLife Services.
- e. By “data” or “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from SoshaLife or provide to SoshaLife through Platform.
- f. By “post” we mean post on SoshaLife or otherwise make available by using SoshaLife.
- g. By “use” we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- h. By “application” we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- i. By “Trademarks” we mean the recognizable sign, design, or expression owned by an individual, business organization or any legal entity which identifies products or services of a particular source from those of others.
- a. This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding SoshaLife, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- b. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- c. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- d. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- e. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- f. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- g. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- h. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- i. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- j. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing SoshaLife.
By using or accessing SoshaLife Services, you agree that we can collect and use such content and information in accordance with the Data Policy as amended from time to time.